Serves 5, 1 1/4 cups per serving
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 5/8 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar (any type)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Medium pot with lid
- Sharp knife
- Jar with a lid
1. Wash and dry spinach. Remove stems. Tear leaves into bite-sized pieces.
2. In a medium pot, add eggs. Cover with cold water by one inch. Bring just to a boil. Cover and remove from heat right away. Let sit 15 minutes. Remove eggs. Plunge into cold water to help cool. This will make it easier to peel shells.
3. Peel and slice eggs. Chop slices.
4. In a large bowl, add spinach, eggs, and dried cranberries. Sprinkle cheese on top.
5. In a jar, add oil, vinegar, honey, and salt. Cover tightly with lid. Shake well.
6. Just before serving, drizzle dressing over salad. Toss to coat spinach leaves.
- If no one is allergic, chop and add ½ cup nuts (walnuts, pecans, cashews) or seeds (pumpkin, sunflower) to salad before tossing.
- Make double the dressing. Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator, up to 1 week. Use on other salads or to flavor sandwiches.
- To save time, cook eggs in advance. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make extra eggs if you like. Use them for breakfast, snack, or to make egg salad.